Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Refrigerators that Work

Ok, okay, I know, this sounds like a non-theme, but seriously, my refrigerator used to not work.

One day it decided it no-longer wanted to live with me. Apparently, I must have offended it in some grave way, as it decided that 50 deg F was the goal temperature. It was almost as if it had become possessed, as no matter what the dial requested it to do, it apparently was internally overriding the request. Now, I realize high-tech products often have this "I'm close enough" window, which clearly my thermostat takes to the extreme, but seriously, 50 degrees for the freezer too? Clearly, my refrigerator had lost it.

Maybe it hit 30, and just lost it, as the repair man estimated it to be about that age, known as the classic human breakdown age. Just why did no one tell my refrigerator it wasn't human? I do not know, but apparently I should have. Funny? No, not really, as it decided to take with it all my well-stocked supplies for when that blizzard hits, and I need to survive for like a month under 100 feet of snow. Clearly, it had a vendetta against me. And to my poor cheese supply, I am sorry. I know you did not understand when I had to hastily remove you from your dream of potential consumption. Know that you are greatly missed, and that the new fridge hastily awaits your return.

No comments: