Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Salumi in Seattle

Go visit Salumi (Italian for Cured Meats) if you're ever in the Seattle area. It's seriously to die for. Two can split the meat/cheese platter with olives and bread and scarcely be able to finish all the meat on the plate. Check out their website if you're interested: http://www.salumicuredmeats.com/. And it you don't believe me, although, I can't imagine how you couldn't with such a tanatlizing picture, would you believe the New York Times? As their ham just made an appearance this month (you can view it from their webpage). This salvating plate I have shown has three cheeses (mozarella, some type of blue, possibly a rochefort, and a harder white cheese similar to an asiago). You also get 5 or 6 types of salami (must be the american in me). There's a pepper, a standard, a pepperoni, possibly a rosemary, a mole, and a lamb. What a shame those olives had to taint the plate ;), oh well. Hmm, as I maybe should get some work done I should probably stop fanatasizing about salami platters for $13 with orange and lemon-flavored (the lemon is better) canned San Pellegrino's. And why does Boulder not have a place like this? ... and on the hill so I could walk there for lunch. I think the closest we've got are Greek Gyros with the traditional rotating lamb meat. Maybe I'll just have to have that for lunch. :) Posted by Picasa

No comments: