Sunday, January 22, 2006

Cake Connoisseur

Unfortunately, this is my second time trying to publish this blog. I appologize for any brevity as we all know how much fun it is to try to type the same thing twice, no less remember what it was you typed the first time!

I know this is the much awaited cake debate, or better titled- Ice Cream Cake Debate. First, I would like to thank my sponsors that answer to the names of Mom and Dad for supporting and allowing this effort.

This is a picture of a Cold Stone Creamery cake. It is to be compared with the old traditional Haagen-Daz Ice cream cake. Now, the first difference you will notice is the addition of actual cake between the layers of ice cream. Haagen-Daz, the ice cream purists would probably not support this. Although, I enjoy the lighter feeling of the slices in my stomach due to the cake layers, the actual cake mix does not seem to be too moist, which maybe could be blamed on the temperature of the cake when it is served, but I kind of doubt it. The other differences are the lack of cookies in place of sprinkles, which I am a fan of as I can't ever seem to eat the Haagen-Daz cookies no matter how good they are, and the difference of the chocolate exteriors. Haagen-Daz has a hard shell, where as the Cold Stone's is creamier. I'd say the main downfall of the pictured cake from Cold Stone would be the ice cream. Haagen-Daz just trumps Cold Stone in this respect. However, I do greatly enjoy the cake layers for breaking up all that dairy.

In the end, all cakes is good, especially if it's of ice cream! So I say, "eat on", and just let those resolutions of health wait another month. ;) Posted by Picasa

No comments: