Sunday, January 22, 2006

Oh great, freakin' leg warmers!

On the way in to school the other day I noticed the strangest thing. Now, mind you, I know of this supposed return of 80's fashion and (gasp!) music. Being a child of this decade, I have no major gripes against it, but I do feel some things just need to be left in the past. And leg warmers are definitely one of those things. No doubt about it.

I know my picture is bad, but it was taken in motion out of a window. I'm surprised I even got a shot off quick enough. So where the photo loses efficiency, I will fill you in. This appeared to be a couple most likely in their mid-30's jogging down the college walk/bike path on Friday morning about 10 am. Both partners appeared to be wearing striped hand-stitched leg warmers that almost reached their knees. Now, I understand dorky gaiters for high snow, but as you can see, the path was clear, and well, I'm pretty sure that little cotton or wool leg warmers aren't going to help keep the wet snow out. They really just are quite funny in all respects, even without noticing the man's had a nice baby pink throughout.Posted by Picasa

As there are websites dedicated to mullet and one-piece ski suits, I really hope there won't be enough leg-warmer sightings to incite one of their own. However, if there are, I feel obligated to help right here on my own little blog.

So please America, I ask you to Just Say NO! to Leg-Warmers.

1 comment:

aikenac said...

Sadly, I saw another pair on an undergrad walking to class the other day. "Oh, the times they are a-retrogressing".