Friday, November 04, 2005

Night in Baden

Today we took the last (legal) train from PSI at 8:09. Ed, Pete, and I stopped for Falafel downtown before heading back to the hotel to crash. We ate our sandwiches outside, so I took the opportunity to take a rather bad picture looking out over the city. The lights up on the mountain in the distance (top right) really is what it looks like, a castle. Supposedly it takes about 4 hours to hike up there so I doubt we'll get to do that, but it looks pretty, and we're fantacizing about spending Sunday in Lucerne. We just have to check to make sure things are actually open on Sunday, as it seems shops are closed on Sundays and museums on Mondays, so hopefully there should be something.

Tomorrow night we're going to Zurich again for another traditional Swiss meal. Everyone knows Fondue, but no one seems to know Raclette. It's basically a big block of cheese (something like Brie) that they heat up on a block under lights and scrape off the molten cheese that you then put over an assortment of vegetables (mainly potato from what I understand) and possibly from fruit, although I have to mention I haven't seen much of this food group here except in liquid form. Anyway, Peter and I had our taste of Raclette (without knowing it until it was on my plate) just this afternoon at the PSI cafeteria. It was pretty tasty, the only real negative (IMOP) being the fact most of the items to be doused in cheese were pickled. It was still pretty good, as who doesn't like molten cheese?, and definitely fun. We'll see how tomorrow night is, but I would bet it should be better.

Now all we have to do is try not to spend all the day hours at PSI working tomorrow. Peter and I totally want to go to Zurich and would like to do that before going to the dinner, but we'll see how that goes. Posted by Picasa

No comments: