Thursday, December 15, 2005

Casa Grueso

In honor of Sean's birthday, South Park, and Oklahoma roots- we all went to "Casa Bonita" in Denver, really Lakewood. I would put the link here, but I think they might hate me. Anyway- it just might have been the grossest (if that's a word) food I've ever had. Some describe it as the cheese whiz dinner; I'm not really sure how to describe it.

Imagine Disney, but faker, much smaller, and quite a bit lamer. For $10.39 I believe you get an "all you can eat" dinner, and let me tell you- one plate is more than you'll want to eat. Pete was happy with his fajita plate after looking at ours and describing his as chewy meat with three tortillas in a ziplock bag. So get this- they dont even bring you your sumptuous dinner- you pick it up cafeteria style. I suppose I was just sad that my (almost) flawless plan failed. I thought- well, if I have 2 margaritas- that always makes the food taste good, or well, better. One margarita had less than a pinch of tequila, and I didn't even get it until I was halfway through my meal. Foiled.

Anyway, I suppose it was an interesting experience, and maybe we should have a lame-themed birthday party year. If so- I'm calling roller skating, although I think bowling might be better... hmm. At least we played some hot-pink ski-ball and Sean got a spectacular cheetah lunch box. It was a good thing we could wash it all away with a $2 So-Sun beer to end the night. Posted by Picasa

No comments: