Sunday, October 30, 2005

A night out in Zurich

Last night Andre took us into Zurich for a night out Swiss style. We went to a traditional Swiss restaurant (finally! All the dang restaurants seem to be Italian in Baden, even the one in our hotel.) with traditional Swiss prices. My meal was about 50 Swiss Franc, which is about $39, and this was just for wine and dinner (no dessert, but I did get some of Peter and Andre's!). Anyway, so I would consider it the best meal I've had here by far. It was a fall winter game special, hirschepfeffer. Bottom line, it was venison, only my favorite meat. It came in a flavorful dark wine-based sauce and sides of cooked red cabbage and a pan fried pasta, simply amazing. Tonight I think it's back to Italian as we're going to try out the hotel food. Most restaurants are closed on Sunday's. Then, after dinner we went to a bar and a club. Sadly the club played American music, which anyone who knows me would know that I would love to hear some nice techno. It was an interesting experience. Highly priced drinks (18 SFR for one or tables were supposed to buy full bottles, whether they be hard liquor or champagne at about 200 SFR. The funny thing I have noticed is that Louis Roederer champagne seems to be the most common around here. Sadly, maybe it will soon no longer be the best bang for our American buck, although we will have to see.), young girls and VIP tables ruled this tiny little club with an Chinese theme, called Indochine. Let's just say it was an expensive but fun night. Posted by Picasa

No comments: